Staff pitch in to spruce up Great Yarmouth rail station
A team of Abellio Greater Anglia employees have completed a makeover of Great Yarmouth station to create a more welcoming environment for passengers and tourists.
The two-day project was undertaken earlier this summer by Abellio Greater Anglia managers and staff who volunteered their time to give the station an overhaul and create a better impression to visitors.
The work, which is now complete, included:
- Cleaning and repairing the front fascia of the station;
- Repairing and repainting the ticket office and mess room;
- Repainting all visible white paint, doors, fences and bollards;
- Deep cleaning of the floors;
- Installing new netting to deter pigeons;
- Installing, painting and planting flower tubs and hanging baskets;
- Clearing weeds and tidying the grassed area at the front of the station.
The Abellio Greater Anglia team was also assisted by staff from contractors, Railscape and Holywell.
Abellio Greater Anglia’s Area Customer Service Manager, James Reeve, said, “Everyone worked really hard over the two days and it was also very enjoyable, with everyone participating with real enthusiasm. The team has made a real difference, significantly improving the overall appearance of the station and creating a better impression to customers and visitors to the town.”