Greater Anglia to run additional trains for Chappel Beer Festival
Greater Anglia is running extra trains to coincide with the Chappel Beer Festival next month.
The event will take place from 3-7 September at the East Anglian Railway Museum, next to Chappel & Wakes Colne railway station.
Additional trains will be running, along with supplementary buses, and some services will be retimed.
Martin Moran, Greater Anglia’s Commercial and Customer Service Director, said: “Chappel Beer Festival is a very popular event and we are doing all we can to help people enjoy it.
“We are always happy to support local events wherever possible and practical.
Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 September
- An additional train will run at 23.00 from Chappel & Wakes Colne to Marks Tey.
- The 23.01 Marks Tey to Sudbury has been retimed and will depart at 23.18.
- The 23.26 Sudbury to Colchester has been retimed and will depart at 23.44
- Some mainline services will stop additionally at Marks Tey to connect with the revised Chappel/Sudbury service.
Thursday 5 and Friday 6 September
- Supplementary buses will be in operation between Marks Tey and Chappel & Wakes Colne from 17.10 until 20.06.
- The 23.01 Marks Tey to Sudbury service runs as a bus replacement service retimed to depart Marks Tey at 23.07.
- Additional services will operate between 22.25 & 23.52 from Chappel & Wakes Colne to Marks Tey.
- The last Sudbury to Marks Tey service will be a bus replacement leaving Sudbury at 23.26, Bures 23.41 and Chappel and Wakes Colne at 23.52, with onward train connections from Marks Tey to Colchester and Clacton.
Saturday 7 September
- Supplementary buses will run from Marks Tey to Chappel and Wakes Colne between 12.00 and 18.00.
- A half-hourly bus service will run from Chappel and Wakes Colne to Marks Tey commencing 14.54 until 20.54. These bus services provide additional connections with mainline services.
- Rail services between Sudbury and Marks Tey are not altered except:
- The last Marks Tey to Sudbury service has been retimed and will leave Marks Tey at 23.14 instead of 23.01.
- The last Sudbury to Marks Tey service at 23.26 is replaced by a bus. An additional Sudbury to Marks Tey train will leave at 23.43.