Published on: Thursday, 15 August 2019
Last updated: Thursday, 15 August 2019
Greater Anglia is running extra trains to coincide with the Chappel Beer Festival next month.
The event will take place from 3-7 September at the East Anglian Railway Museum, next to Chappel & Wakes Colne railway station.
Additional trains will be running, along with supplementary buses, and some services will be retimed.
Martin Moran, Greater Anglia’s Commercial and Customer Service Director, said: “Chappel Beer Festival is a very popular event and we are doing all we can to help people enjoy it.
“We are always happy to support local events wherever possible and practical.
Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 September
- An additional train will run at 23.00 from Chappel & Wakes Colne to Marks Tey.
- The 23.01 Marks Tey to Sudbury has been retimed and will depart at 23.18.
- The 23.26 Sudbury to Colchester has been retimed and will depart at 23.44
- Some mainline services will stop additionally at Marks Tey to connect with the revised Chappel/Sudbury service.
Thursday 5 and Friday 6 September
- Supplementary buses will be in operation between Marks Tey and Chappel & Wakes Colne from 17.10 until 20.06.
- The 23.01 Marks Tey to Sudbury service runs as a bus replacement service retimed to depart Marks Tey at 23.07.
- Additional services will operate between 22.25 & 23.52 from Chappel & Wakes Colne to Marks Tey.
- The last Sudbury to Marks Tey service will be a bus replacement leaving Sudbury at 23.26, Bures 23.41 and Chappel and Wakes Colne at 23.52, with onward train connections from Marks Tey to Colchester and Clacton.
Saturday 7 September
- Supplementary buses will run from Marks Tey to Chappel and Wakes Colne between 12.00 and 18.00.
- A half-hourly bus service will run from Chappel and Wakes Colne to Marks Tey commencing 14.54 until 20.54. These bus services provide additional connections with mainline services.
- Rail services between Sudbury and Marks Tey are not altered except:
- The last Marks Tey to Sudbury service has been retimed and will leave Marks Tey at 23.14 instead of 23.01.
- The last Sudbury to Marks Tey service at 23.26 is replaced by a bus. An additional Sudbury to Marks Tey train will leave at 23.43.