Published on: Thursday, 19 May 2022
Last updated: Thursday, 19 May 2022
Greater Anglia will run special additional trains and adjust the times of some services so music fans attending The Killers and Elton John gigs at Carrow Road in Norwich can travel to the events by rail.
The Killers are playing at the venue on Thursday 9 June and Elton John will take to the stage the following week on Wednesday 15 June.
After the concerts, the following services are scheduled to run:
- 22.50 Norwich to Lowestoft time adjusted from 22.40. Calling Brundall, Cantley, Reedham, Haddiscoe, Somerleyton, Oulton Broad North & Lowestoft.
- 22.52 Norwich to Cambridge time adjusted from 22.40. Calling Wymondham, Attleborough, Thetford, Brandon, Ely, Cambridge North & Cambridge.
- 23.00 Norwich to Gt Yarmouth. Calling Brundall, Lingwood, Acle & Gt Yarmouth.
- 23.05 Norwich to Ipswich. Calling Diss, Stowmarket & Ipswich.
- 23.05 Norwich to Sheringham time adjusted from 22:45. Calling Salhouse, Hoveton & Wroxham, Worstead, North Walsham, Gunton, Roughton Road, Cromer, West Runton & Sheringham.
- 23:15 Norwich to Ely (additional service, operated by East Midlands Railway). Calling at Thetford & Ely
- 23.20 Norwich to Lowestoft (additional service). Calling Brundall, Cantley, Reedham, Haddiscoe, Somerleyton, Oulton Broad North & Lowestoft.
- 23.27 Norwich to Sheringham (additional service). Calling Salhouse, Hoveton & Wroxham, Worstead, North Walsham, Gunton, Roughton Road, Cromer, West Runton & Sheringham.
- 23.35 Norwich to Ipswich (additional service). Calling Diss, Stowmarket & Ipswich.
- 23.40 Norwich to Gt Yarmouth (additional service). Calling Brundall Gardens, Brundall, Lingwood, Acle & Gt Yarmouth.
The station and trains are expected to be busy. There will be extra members of staff helping people with their journeys.
Martin Moran, Greater Anglia’s Commercial, Customer Services and Train Presentation Director, said: “We always want to support large local events where possible. We want to make it as easy as possible for people to travel to the concerts by train.
“To save time and beat the queues, passengers are advised to buy tickets online or via the Greater Anglia app before they travel.
“Our new trains are longer and have more seats, however we would ask everyone to be patient while boarding as we are expecting higher than usual passenger numbers on these services.”
For the best value fares, book in advance via the Greater Anglia website. Groups of three or more can save up to a third with GroupSave. Full details of train times and fares can be found at www.greateranglia.co.uk