Greater Anglia and c2c invite customers to join new Accessibility Panel
In January 2021, Greater Anglia and c2c launched a new Accessibility Customer Panel. The panel gives local people who have lived experience of disability the chance to create a more accessible rail network and have a say in how future policy is shaped.
The new joint Accessibility Panel meet four times a year and is represented by people with both visible and non-visible disabilities. The panel is open to members selected via application and membership is reviewed annually.
The scope of the panel is to consult on matters including:
- Operational and policy decisions that may impact on the needs of customers
- Diversity Impact Assessment process
- The design and refurbishment of trains and stations
- Initiatives to improve customer experience
- Staff training
- Accessible communication channels
- Accessible website and app features
If you’d like to raise issues with the accessibility panel or register your interest in future membership please email [email protected] please note, customer complaints must be directed to our contact centre.
Due to the level of interest in panel membership we are looking at other ways we can give our disabled customers and communities a chance to be involved in our railways. We’ll keep you posted.