Coronavirus - buy tickets in advance
Book before you travel on our website or app
To help reduce overall contact at stations, please buy tickets in advance online which can be done on our app or on our website. Train tickets bought digitally can be purchased up to 10 minutes before departure which means you can keep flexible. Plus, you won’t have to pay any booking fees if you buy online through our website or mobile app.
Download the Greater Anglia app
The Greater Anglia app is available on iOS and Android. You can use our app to check live departures, load season tickets onto a Smart Card and sending mobile tickets and e-tickets directly to a mobile phone.
- Spend less time at the station by buying your ticket online or via our app
- No need to collect tickets at the station, you can print or show tickets on your phone
- Choose the cheapest fare at a time that suits you
- Keep flexible and book travel up to 10 minutes before departure on our app
- No booking fees if book on our website or app
- No need to queue for the ticket office or ticket machine
- Find the best fares more easily with our best fare finder tool
Please note, reservations are not currently available on our services as we continue to roll out our new fleet of trains.
If possible, try and travel outside of peak commuter times to avoid overcrowding at stations and trains. Off-peak fares are cheaper than peak fares and can be bought digitally in advance of the train leaving the station. View Flexible train ticket options page.
We’ve been working behind the scenes making changes to our stations and trains so rail travel can be safer for passengers in these times. Before travelling with us, please make sure to read our social distancing advice to help you, other passengers and our staff keep safe.
Be prepared and order a FREE Smart Card now
Refunded your season ticket? Get ahead and order a smart card online. Smart Cards are more durable than paper tickets and can be a faster way to pass the gate barriers at stations. They also have the security to be blocked incase they're they’re lost or stolen so no one else can use them.
- Order a Free Smart Card online here.
- Your personalised card should arrive within 3 working days.
- Avoid contact at the ticket office and load a season ticket directly onto the Smart Card online or through the GA app.
- You can keep flexible and do this up to 28 days in advance, or 10 minutes before departure.
There are two ways to buy your tickets in advance. Firstly, you can buy them online, using our website. Simply enter your journey details into the journey planner to find the tickets that best suits you. Alternatively, you can download the Greater Anglia mobile app to book train tickets, check live departures, and more. Our app is available on iOS and Android devices.
Both methods ensure you can get your tickets quicker rather than being posted and avoid collecting them at stations. E-tickets can either be printed, or you can just show them on your phone.