Our safer travel pledge
Coronavirus - Travel with more confidence
We’re pleased to welcome customers to travel on our trains and we want to reassure you that safeguarding your health is our top priority at Greater Anglia. Whether you’re travelling for work, business or leisure, our aim is to provide you with a safe, healthy, enjoyable journey.
Your safety is important to us. This is our safer travel pledge.
What are we doing?
Adding more space
- We’re making our trains longer and adding more services in our timetable starting Monday 6 July, which means you’ll have extra room to achieve social distancing.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- We’re cleaning high-touch areas around our trains and stations more frequently and using powerful anti-viral cleaning products.
- We’re replenishing soap in our stations and trains more often and you can get hand sanitiser at 20 of our stations and we will start rolling these out to all stations with a ticket office in late July.
- We’ve invested in fogging guns which are used for spraying and sanitising large areas.
- We’ve put up social distancing messaging around our trains and stations which will remind people to keep apart.
- We’ve updated our less busy trains tool to help people predict less busy trains to and from London Liverpool Street.
- We’re helping those who need assisted travel by updating contact information here.
- We’re keeping an eye on passenger numbers across our network and may update our timetables when necessary.
What can you do?
Book tickets before getting to the station
- Avoid contact with others and book tickets online or on our app.
- Avoid busy times.
- At the moment our busiest trains are the morning and evening peak services to London Liverpool Street, use our less busy trains tool to help with choosing a quieter train.
Wash your hands
- Follow all NHS and government guidelines.
- Please wash your hands including before and after your journey, cough or sneeze into your elbow or tissue and throw them into the bin. There is liquid soap available at our stations and on-train toilets, plus there’s hand sanitiser stocked at our top 20 stations.
Bring a face covering
- Make sure you wear a face covering on our trains and whilst at our stations, unless you are exempt, as this is a mandatory government requirement.
Check before you travel
- Plan you journey ahead in advance and check our website for the latest information before travelling.
More information can be found on the Greater Anglia website. Please familiarise yourselves with our travel advice before using our services here.