30 to 31 May 2018
The Suffolk Show is a unique celebration of everything that makes the county great and showcases the best of Suffolk’s food, farming and agricultural heritage.
The largest pop-up event for families in the county, the Suffolk Show is a fantastic day out for big kids and little kids alike and, as under 15’s go free, it’s great value for money too.
Getting here by train
Trinity Park is 5 miles from Ipswich railway station. There are regular services to London, Norwich and Cambridge.
From the station, you can either take a taxi or use our Bike and Go scheme.
Let us Entertain you
- Watch heart stopping tricks by the Bolddog Lings Motobike display team in the Grand Ring
- Look out for Titan the giant Robot in the avenues
- Cheer on the Shetland Pony Grand National
- Watch top class showjumpers jump the Orwell Bridge, or a version of it!
- Don’t miss the Grand Parade a spectacular display of our local Trinity of breeds; Suffolk horses, Red Poll Cattle and Suffolk Sheep
- Take a ride on the Landrover “Off Road” course, not for the feint hearted
- Mascot Derby
Learn new skills, try new sports and find out about career opportunities
- Watch Students compete in carpentry, Brick laying, Hair and Makeup, Plastering, plumbing and much more in the Suffolk Skills Zone
- Find out what our local Colleges and Universities have to offer
- Discover the work of the Rare Breeds Survival Trust and meet their animals
- Watch the final of the Farming School of the Year competition and the joy on the faces of the children
- Try one of 50 sports, all for free in the Sports Village. Have a go on the ‘Air Drop’
Connect with the countryside
- Watch the Suffolk Gun dogs at work,
- Cheer on the ferret racing
- Watch gundogs working in and around the water
- Watch Sheepdogs round up ducks.
- Cheer on the Young Farmers Tug of War competition
- Watch chainsaw carving, willow weaving and more in our revamped countryside area
- Kick back on one of Suffolk's spectacular beaches - Adnams Beach Eats has everything you need!
- Sample the very best of locally produced food, eat in or take away!
- Enjoy a cold beer and bring a picnic or sit in one of our new catering areas whilst listening to live music
- Buy goodies in the Adnams Food Hall.
- Sit and relax at one of our Cookery Theatres and pick up new ideas to try at home
- Eat, Drink and celebrate our great county.
- Sample your favourite tipple in the Greene King Eat Street
Farm Discovery Zone
- Hold a day old chick or a duckling
- Meet a young farmer and older ones too!
- Watch sheep being shorn
- Find out what a career in Agriculture has to offer
- Watch goats climb the goat mountain
- Ride the pedal tractors. All for free!
- Meet farmers, growers and the people behind Suffolk’s farming economy
- Sit in a modern tractor or even buy one if you like!
- Wander through the machinery lines and see what is on offer, it’s not just for farmers and a great place to buy a new lawnmower
- Watch Heavy Horses being ridden
- Stroke and admire the majestic Suffolk Punch Horses
- Watch the Dog agility and then have a go with your pooch!
- See Bees working in a hive & all the honey tent has to offer
- See all the different Rabbit breeds up close.
- Arrive early to see the Livestock being washed and blow dried ready for showing
- Stroke a calf
Mighty Military Zone
- Play noughts and crosses with a diver
- Get up close and personal with an Apache Helicopter
- Chat to a soldier and discover what life is like in the forces
Flower and Garden Experience
- Be amazed by the skills in the floristry competition
- Get inspiration for your garden
Shop ‘till you drop!
- Shop from one of our 700 trade stands, everything from rural crafts to latest fashions
- Stroll through the Art Tent and out in to the new Sculpture garden.
- Trot on down to the Equine Village, specialist retailers it is a horse owner’s paradise!
- Visit the Lifestyle Pavilion for that special addition to your home.
- Take a walk down the pink carpet of Fifth Avenue, this is fashionista hotspot, shop till you drop!