Please note that not all Greater Anglia trains have First Class. Check your journey.
Treat yourself - it may not be as much as you think.
Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, First Class can give you the space and comfort you’re looking for.
What do you get with a First Class ticket?
On top of the amazing benefits that we offer to everyone on board, like free Wi-Fi, you get these premium comforts:
- Access to our First Class carriage
- Spacious seating
- A table at every seat
- More leg room
- Complimentary refreshments from the Café bar next door (Monday to Friday only)
First Class menu
>We offer complimentary refreshments from our Café bar on weekdays, which can be found next door to First Class.
- Coffee – Freshly brewed on board
- Tea – Yorkshire Tea, Earl Grey, Green Tea or Peppermint
- Hot Chocolate
- Still Water
- Snacks - selection of biscuits
The Café bar will be open for half of the journey. You can check if there are any changes to your journey in our live tracker.
|Day||Scheduled services with a Café bar until 22 May 2023|
First Class can be unavailable at other times so we recommend using our live tracker (catering updates section) before you travel, and if you're travelling on a weekend.
Tips for getting cheaper First Class tickets
When you book with us online or on our app, we’ll show you the cheapest tickets that we have available.
- The earlier you book in advance, the more you could save. Learn more about Advance tickets
- If you’re buying on the day, travel off peak
- First Class tickets are cheaper with some Railcards
Upgrade to First Class
You can upgrade your ticket at our ticket offices or on the train by paying the difference between a Standard and First Class fare. On weekends and bank holidays, you can get an upgrade for just £10!
We’re sorry to hear that, you can claim a refund on the difference between a First and Standard Class ticket online.
If you have a non-flexible ticket, like an Advance ticket, and your train was meant to have First Class, you can board the previous or next Greater Anglia First Class train. Whichever works for you.