Highly regarded by historians and architects for its beauty and size, Ely Cathedral is widely acknowledged as ‘one of the wonders of the Medieval world’
The present building dates from 1081 and is a remarkable example of both Romanesque and Norman architecture. In addition to its unique Octagon Tower and magnificent Lady Chapel, Ely has the third longest nave of any UK Cathedral. As well as being a major visitor attraction, Ely has gained global recognition as a location for many prominent films including Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Macbeth, The King’s Speech and The Crown.
People often ask why such a vast church was built in such a small town. In fact it was the Cathedral that came first. When it was built, Ely was only a small settlement, and the town grew up around the Cathedral.
The Benedictine monks' only concern was to glorify God, and nothing less than a building on a majestic scale would do.
The 2FOR1 offer only applies to full price entry to the Cathedral, priced at £9 after the 1st April 2018 (additional charges apply for Tower Tours and other activities).
There is no charge if you are attending a service, coming to the Cathedral specifically to pray, visiting on a Sunday, or before 9am and after 5pm.
Offer expiry date
Terms and conditions
- To use voucher you must produce a valid Greater Anglia rail ticket as evidence of travelling by train.
- No photocopies accepted.
- Acceptance is subject to establishment’s own t&cs and availability.
- Details subject to change without notice and are correct at time of going to print.
- Offers may be withdrawn without notice.
- Exchange or sale of voucher is prohibited. Voucher sale 0.0001p.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Promoter accepts no liability for lost or stolen vouchers.
- Personal details will be collected and processed by Visit East Anglia and Greater Anglia for the purpose of sales analysis and market research.
- Only one voucher per person.
2FOR1: 2FOR1 allows entry for two people with one person paying full price entry