St Edmundsbury Cathedral
Pilgrims' Kitchen is open Monday to Saturday 8.30 am to 5 pm. Accessed via the elegant Cloisters, Pilgrims Kitchen offers all visitors a warm welcome and a great new place to eat and meet.
Formerly known as The Refectory, Pilgrims' Kitchen is an inviting eating space with rustic furniture, quirky chapel chairs, pots of fresh herbs and heritage colours. Comfy sofas offer a more relaxed area for a cup of coffee, or the chance to catch up with friends – young friends are catered for too, with highchairs and toys. Wifi is now available.
We are delighted to be offering Suffolk-based barista coffee as well as Fairtrade tea, James White Apple juice and a choice of Fairtrade wine or the iconic Greene King St Edmund's ale. Home cooked, locally sourced fayre, the signature food of chef, Paul Hughes, still tops the menu. Order at the counter, and the staff will bring your freshly prepared meal to you. We are proud to use a range of locally sourced ingredients, such as sauces, jams and chutneys from Stokes, a Suffolk-based business. Cakes baked on the premises as well as the famous cheese scones will be back on the menu.
Get there early for the scones as these are a favourite of the Cathedral staff! If you're on the move, Pilgrims' Kitchen is offering an enhanced takeaway service – whether it's a quick coffee, a Danish pastry or your sandwich choice wrapped up in a neat box. We also have a Specials board.
The Pilgrims' Kitchen can also be the perfect the location for your function or event.
Terms and conditions
- To use voucher you must produce a valid Greater Anglia rail ticket as evidence of travelling by train.
- No photocopies accepted.
- Acceptance is subject to establishment’s own t&cs and availability.
- Details subject to change without notice and are correct at time of going to print.
- Offers may be withdrawn without notice.
- Exchange or sale of voucher is prohibited. Voucher sale 0.0001p.
- Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Promoter accepts no liability for lost or stolen vouchers.
- Personal details will be collected and processed by Visit East Anglia and Greater Anglia for the purpose of sales analysis and market research.
- Only one voucher per person.
- Only 1 drink may be redeemed per ticket. Must be valid for the same day.