Roadmap out of Lockdown
Travel planning post lockdown
The Government have released it’s plan for England coming out of lockdown.
Here you will find a summary of the UK governments plan.
Sign Up for Ticket Alerts to plan your post lockdown travel
Ticket alerts will notify you as soon as our cheapest tickets go on sale.
They’ll help you to:
- Plan your journeys in advance
- Save money on your journeys
From 8th March:
- Children and students to return to face to face education in schools and colleges.
- University students studying practical courses can also return
- People will be allowed to leave home for recreation and exercise with members of their household or support bubble.
From 29th March:
- Outdoor gatherings of 6 people or 2 households will be allowed
- Formally organised outdoor sports will return and outdoor sports facilities such as tennis and basketball courts will reopen.
- The ‘stay at home’ rule will be lifted, however, people are still encouraged to work from home where possible and minimise journeys as much as they can.
- Holidays abroad will still not be allowed.
From 12th April at the earliest:
- All shops will reopen including non-essential retail, personal care premises such as hairdressers and nail salons; and public buildings, including libraries and community centres.
- Gyms and other indoor leisure facilities will reopen
- Hospitality venues such as restaurants and pub gardens will be allowed to serve customers outdoors. However, rule of six and two households will apply
From 17th May at the earliest:
- Most legal restrictions on meeting others outdoors will be lifted, however gatherings of over 30 people will still be illegal.
- The rule of 6 or 2 households will still apply indoors.
- Social distancing rules from those not in a person’s household or support bubble must still be followed.
- Some large performances and sporting events will be allowed. Indoor events can be at half capacity or 1,000 people, outdoor events can be half capacity or 4,000 people (whichever is lower). For venues with over 40,000 capacity, up to 10,000 will be allowed to attend.
- Up to 30 people can attend weddings and other life events
From 21st June at the earliest:
- The majority of restrictions will have been lifted.
- No legal limit on social contact or life events such as weddings and funerals
- Nightclubs will also be allowed to reopen
Find out more on the government website