Smart Advance Tickets
Save 5% on your Advance ticket by opting for an e-ticket!
By opting for an e-ticket between 1st and 30th April for a journey between 18th April and 19th May, you can save 5% off your Standard and First Class Advance purchase tickets. Simply click the link below, and plan your journey as normal. The discounted Advance fares will be shown, and your promotional code will be applied to your basket at the end.
Book early for the cheapest train fares.
By purchasing an Advance ticket, you’re able to choose the best time to travel at the lowest available fare.
Where are Advance tickets available?
Advance tickets are available on the following Greater Anglia routes:
• London to Ipswich and Norwich
• London to Sheringham, Great Yarmouth, Felixstowe, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft (by changing trains at Ipswich or Norwich)
• London to Colchester and Clacton-on-Sea
• London to Audley End and Cambridge
• London to Ely and King's Lynn (Greater Anglia through trains - weekday peak times only)
• Many other intermediate journeys
Plan ahead for a great value day out
Why travel with Advance tickets?
• Tickets are priced as single leg fares so you can choose the lowest available price for each leg of your journey (out and back)
• You book to travel at your specified time
• It’s cost effective with fares starting at £9 single between London and Norwich and £6 single between London and Cambridge (depending on availability and time of travel)
• Railcard and Child discounts apply to all Advance fares (see Railcard Discounts below for details on which Railcards are valid)
• You can check out our First Class Advance fares - they are often cheaper than you might expect
• Get the best deal - book well in advance and travel at off-peak times
• On the London to Norwich main line, a free seat reservation is included, except for the last three services each evening from London, which have free seating.
Terms and Conditions
• Check details and book early as Advance tickets are subject to limited availability and may not be available on every train.
• Advance tickets are normally released 12 weeks before the departure date of the train.
• You must travel on your booked service or the ticket will not be valid.
• However, if you have arrived on a flight at either Norwich Airport or Southend Airport, and your flight was delayed, your Advance ticket will be valid on the next available Greater Anglia service. See Advance ticket terms and conditions for full details.
• Changes to Advance tickets are possible before the departure of the first reserved train. An administration fee is payable.
5% discount terms and conditions
• Normal Advance purchase terms and conditions apply.
• 5% discount available from 1st April until 30th April 2017, for travel between 18th April to 19th May 2017.
• 5% discount only applicable to Advance tickets on an e-ticket.