Improvement works complete at Seven Sisters station
Rail passengers using Seven Sisters station are benefiting from a better waiting environment thanks to an improvement scheme carried out by Abellio Greater Anglia, in partnership with Network Rail.
The improvements include;
- A new staircase to allow customers much better and faster access and egress to/from platform 1
- A new waiting room and a new waiting shelter on platform 1
- A new Customer Information Screen on platform 2.
- New offices have been built on both platforms
- Platform 2 has been de-cluttered to allow for more room for customers to stand
- The PA system has been upgraded to cover a larger proportion of the station
- The old staircases on Platforms 1 and 2 have been refurbished with new treads added to them
- A new exit has been created for use in emergencies and when London Underground is closed and new cladding has gone up in the subway to give it a more pleasant appearance and prevent leaking.
Phil Sargent, Area Customer Service Manager, said, “I look forward to welcoming customers to an improved station now that the works to the are complete. Investing in upgrades to stations across the network is extremely important to Abellio Greater Anglia, demonstrating our commitment to providing excellent facilities and service to our customers.”