Compensation – get it with our Delay Repay scheme.
Get compensation from 30 minutes onwards.
If you hold a valid ticket for your journey, you can claim compensation for delays of 30 minutes or more, no matter what the reason.
Delays are calculated against the planned, advertised timetable so compensation is not usually offered during periods of pre-planned engineering works and when replacement bus services are used.
Claim up to 100% money back on your ticket
We hope you never have to consult this table. But if you do, see how much you could claim:
|Length of delay||Compensation|
|30 to 59 minutes||50% of the cost of your one-way ticket or 25% of the cost of your return ticket|
|60 to 119 minutes||100% of the cost of your one-way ticket or 50% of the cost of your return ticket|
|120 minutes or longer||100% of the cost of your ticket whether single or return|
We will use the proportionate cost of the price of the Season Ticket (i.e. 1/10th of a Weekly ticket, 1/40th of a Monthly ticket and 1/464th of an Annual ticket).
Will I get money back automatically?
COMING SOON. If you're a Smart Card season ticket holder or if you've purchased an Advance one way ticket then soon you will be able to receive automatic compensation if you experience a delay. Full details will be published on our website and at our stations when this is available.
How do I make a claim?
- Alternatively pick up a claim form at staffed stations/from staff on trains
- Or print off a PDF version of the Delay Repay form
Post the completed form to us at: Freepost GREATER ANGLIA CUSTOMER RELATIONS
Note this is the full address. It has been shortened for your ease, but rest assured that it will reach us.
- If you have a mobile ticket, please obtain a Delay Repay form from any staffed station or from our website and be sure to include your ticket reference number for us to verify your ticket purchase
- You must make your claim within 28 days of the delay
- We’ll not normally accept a claim if you were told in advance of your journey that there would be a delay
How do I appeal a decision?
We aim to process your claim accurately in the first instance, however should you wish to appeal the outcome of your claim, please click on the link below to contact us.
- You will need your claim reference and either the email address or postcode provided to us when your claim was submitted.
- Your claim reference is specified in any correspondence we have sent you about this claim. It begins with 'GA/DR'
- When your appeal is submitted, we will revisit your claim and get back in touch with a further decision.
When making a claim please note
- Sending us a claim form does not guarantee that you will get compensation, and it does not affect your legal rights
- These rights are set out in the National Rail Conditions of Travel
- Delays are calculated against the planned, advertised timetable so compensation is not usually offered during periods of pre-planned engineering works and when replacement bus services are used
- You must take care when completing the claim form. Greater Anglia has an established monitoring system for checking information provided to validate a claim
- Your application form should reach us within 28 days of the date of the incident
- You should receive your compensation payment within 14 days of our agreeing your claim
If you have any questions about the Delay Repay scheme, contact our Greater Anglia Contact Centre through this website, or telephone us on 0345 600 7245.