Social Media Rules of Engagement
We communicate with you through various different channels - including email, on the phone, via letter, and face to face. Social Media continues to become more and more accessible, particularly while you're on the move, and we see it as a fantastic tool to provide you with real-time service information and to answer queries that you might have.
We have an excellent team of people that work on our social media accounts - between them they have a wealth of knowledge about the railway and how it works, and will always try their best to help you.
Below are a number of points detailing our expectations and we would appreciate you respecting these when contacting us on Social Media.
What you can expect from us
- Our @greateranglia and @stansted_exp Twitter accounts are open 7 days a week. The only exception to this is Christmas and Boxing Day when the train service is not running and our account is closed. Our @GreaterAngliaPR account is manned 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday, not including Bank Holidays.
- Our Facebook Messenger service is manned 06:30-22:00 Monday to Friday, 10:00-19:00 on Saturday & 10:00-19:00 on Sunday.
- We might need to request some feedback or escalate certain queries to a manager, so please bear with us if this happens. One of the team will get back to you as soon as possible with an answer
- If you require a detailed explanation of something that cannot be easily addressed on Social Media, or you wish to make a complaint, we might need to re-direct you to our Customer Relations team so that your concerns are properly logged and dealt with
- Although we aim to answer every question individually, during times of major service disruption we may need to go into our own 'disruption mode'. This means that instead of responding to individual tweets, we will focus on tweeting out the latest updates for everyone's benefit - a much more efficient way of keeping you and others up to date
- Because we run so many trains a day we are unable to broadcast information on individual train delays, and it would also make our timeline pretty confusing. We therefore aim to provide information when delays exceed 10 minutes, although if you require information on a delay below this threshold then please tweet us and we will try and find out for you
- We will keep you updated about planned engineering works that might affect your journey, with weekend works being tweeted out on a Thursday and Friday of each week.
- We will not sell you anything via Social Media.
- We will broadcast information about projects and special events that are happening at stations, to keep you informed
What we expect from you
- Please don't get personal with members of the team on Social Media- we are all here to try and help you. We will always be courteous and respectful and we expect to be treated in the same way
- We understand that you can get frustrated when things do go wrong, but do not use foul language or be aggressive. Please stick to the topic of the post when joining the conversation. We also ask that you do not spam or deliberately disrupt a conversation. We won't tolerate this type of engagement, and the majority of our followers don't want to read inappropriate comments. Whilst we don't want to block anyone on Social Media, we may have to do so in certain circumstances. We may also delete comments.
We are just trying to ensure you have a great journey with us, and look forward to seeing you and chatting with you on our accounts!