Published on: Wednesday, 15 March 2023
Last updated: Wednesday, 15 March 2023
Greater Anglia can confirm that it will now be able to operate some later trains than originally planned on some routes during this Thursday’s industrial action.
The additional details for Thursday 16 March are as follows:
- Norwich to London services will now run hourly from 08.00 to 20.00
- London to Norwich services will now run hourly from 08.30 to 21.30
- Colchester to London services will now run hourly from 07.30 to 19.43
- London to Colchester services will now run hourly from 08.00 to 21.38
- Southend Victoria to London services will now run half hourly from 07.30 to 21.13
- London to Southend Victoria services will now run half hourly from 07.47 to 21.17
- Stansted Airport to London services will now run half hourly from 07.42 to 18.42
- Norwich to Cambridge services will now run hourly from 07.30 to 18.23 (note last Norwich to Stansted Airport service is 15.30 from Norwich)
- Cambridge to Norwich services will now run hourly from 08.21 to 19.25 (note last Stansted Airport to Norwich service is 17.48 from Stansted)
Please note that on the other Greater Anglia routes which have some services operating on Thursday all trains will still have completed their last journeys of the day by 19.00. These routes are as follows:
- Clacton to London/London to Clacton
- Southminster to London/London to Southminster
- Cambridge to London/London to Cambridge
- Hertford East to Stratford/Stratford to Hertford East
- London to Stansted Airport (note there are some slightly later Stansted Airport to London services as highlighted above)
Rail passengers across East Anglia are advised to check before they travel for journeys on both Thursday (16 March) and on 18, 30 March and 1 April when strike action will also affect Greater Anglia and other rail services across the country.
As previously highlighted, on 18, 30 March and 1 April, services will operate on all Greater Anglia routes between 07.00 and 23.00, with all last trains reaching their destination by 23.00. Many routes will have a normal or near normal service during the hours that trains are running, but some routes will have a reduced frequency.
More details are available on the Greater Anglia website.