Published on: Tuesday, 31 January 2023
Last updated: Wednesday, 17 May 2023
Greater Anglia will run two special additional trains for Ipswich Town football fans travelling to and from Cambridge United’s Abbey Stadium on Saturday 4 February - an extra service to Cambridge beforehand and an extra return service afterwards.
Before the match, the following services will run:
- 0921 Ipswich to Cambridge (normal timetabled service, arrives 1040)
- 1010 Ipswich to Cambridge (additional service, arrives 1130, calling at Stowmarket and Bury St Edmunds)
- 1021 Ipswich to Cambridge (normal timetabled service, arrives 1140)
- 1121 Ipswich to Cambridge (normal timetabled service, arrives 1240)
After the match, the following services will run :
- 1746 Cambridge to Ipswich (normal timetabled service)
- 1751 Cambridge to Ipswich (additional service, calling at Bury St Edmunds, Thurston, Elmswell and Stowmarket)
- 1846 Cambridge to Ipswich (normal timetabled service)
James Steward, Greater Anglia Area Customer Service Manager, said: “We always try and support local events if we can. We know this match is very important to many of our customers, which is why we’re running additional trains.
“To save time and beat the queues, passengers are advised to buy tickets online or via the Greater Anglia app before they travel. Groups of three of more people can save a third on fares with GroupSave.
“Our new trains are longer and have more seats. However, we would ask everyone to be patient while boarding as we are expecting higher than usual passenger numbers on these services.”
Full details of train times and fares can be found at www.greateranglia.co.uk