Published on: Monday, 3 April 2023
Last updated: Monday, 3 April 2023
Greater Anglia will run two special additional trains for Ipswich Town football fans travelling to and from Peterborough United’s Weston Homes Stadium on Saturday 22 April.
The additional services will run with more carriages than normal, providing extra capacity for fans.
Before the match, the following services will run:
- 09.58 Ipswich to Peterborough (normal timetabled service, arrives 11.40)
- 10.32 Ipswich to Peterborough (additional service calling at Stowmarket only, arrives 12.20)
- 12.00 Ipswich to Peterborough (normal timetabled service, arrives 13.39)
After the match, the following services will run:
- 17.37 Peterborough to Ipswich (additional service calling Stowmarket only, arrives 19.10)
- 17.51 Peterborough to Ipswich (normal timetabled service, arrives 19.27)
James Steward, Greater Anglia Area Customer Service Manager, said: “We always try and support local events if we can. We know this match is very important to many of our customers, which is why we’re running additional trains with more carriages.
“To save time and beat the queues, passengers are advised to buy tickets online or via the Greater Anglia app before they travel. Groups of three of more people can save a third on fares with GroupSave.
“Our new trains are longer and have more seats. However, we would ask everyone to be patient while boarding as we are expecting higher than usual passenger numbers on these services.”