Smart tickets are just one of the ways we’re making train travel safer
It’s easy to buy Smart tickets on our website or app for contact free purchase. We'll show you the cheapest direct ticket available for your journey and when you book directly with us, you won’t have to pay any booking fees.
Train tickets bought digitally on our website and app can be bought up to 10 minutes before departure.
Travel with confidence
We’re continuing to clean and sanitise our trains and stations. And, our trains with air conditioning suck in fresh air every six to nine minutes. Read our coronavirus travel advice.
Download the Greater Anglia app
The Greater Anglia app is available on iOS and Android. You can use our app to check live departures, transfer season tickets onto a Smartcard and load e-tickets directly to your phone.
- No booking fees
- No need to collect tickets at the station, you can organise Smart tickets from home
- Book tickets up to 10 minutes before departure
- Choose the cheapest fare at a time that suits you. Find the best fares on our website more easily with our best fare finder tool
Getting your Smart ticket
The contact free alternative to a paper ticket than can be emailed to you.
- Simply Open and use the PDF e-tickets on your smartphone
- Or print the PDF as a backup if you want instead
- Or register/sign in and download your e-tickets to the Greater Anglia app (iOS and Android)
Whichever method you choose, just scan the QR code at the barrier, or show a member of staff.
- Turn on NFC in your phone settings
- Download and register/sign in to the Greater Anglia app (iOS and Android)
- Load your tickets and tap your Smartcard on your smartphone to transfer it across.
Your device must be NFC compatible (iPhone 7 or newer).