Yes, you can now buy tickets with Apple Pay on the Greater Anglia website.Share
Yes, you can now buy tickets with Paypal on the Greater Anglia app.Share
We've released an update that will let you delete expired cards from your account in-app. If you experience this issue, please update to the latest version.Share
When booking tickets with us online, you will be prompted to enter your billing address. This must be the address held by your bank or card provider for the card you are using. All purchases made on this website are verified against your address to prevent fraud.
If you experience any problems making a booking, please
- Email our Web Support Team
- Call our Web Support Team on 0870 333 4876
Your postcode may not be registered with the Royal Mail address database. To search or register your address please go to the postcode finder application on the Royal Mail website
To make a train booking your address will need to be manually updated on our system, this can be done by emailing your address to our web support team or by calling 0870 333 4876.Share
Verified by Visa is an additional security measure introduced by Visa in association with some card issuers, which we have chosen to participate in to further protect you from unauthorised card use when shopping online.
During shopping with us you may be asked by your bank whether you would like to enrol in Verified by Visa. If you are already enrolled in Verified by Visa you may be asked to enter your verification details.
To find out more about this service please visit www.visaeurope.com
Please note that the link above is to an external site. Visa is responsible for the content of these sites.Share
We accept Visa Credit, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, American Express and Maestro cards.
Our booking systems cannot accept Solo cards.
As we are an online retailer we do not accept cash.
Please note: If you are collecting tickets from a Self Service Ticket Machine only standard shaped cards are accepted. Non-standard cards such as Mint and American Express are not accepted. In such cases please speak to a member of station or ticket office staff who will be able to assist.
Ticket Office bookings
Our ticket offices accept payment in cash, by company cheque (made payable to "Abellio East Anglia Ltd" - supporting documentation may be required, please ask our sales staff for more information), MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Maestro (formerly Switch) or Delta cards and by Rail Travel Vouchers.
We do not accept Euros.Share
There are a number of reasons why your payment request may have been rejected. We suggest checking all of the following:
- To ensure you are protected from unknown use of your card we employ a number of identity verification techniques. To ensure we are verifying the correct details please can you ensure the address your card issuer holds for your account matches the details we have for you.
- Sometimes the obvious is overlooked; check that the card has not expired and that the card number was input correctly.
- Check that the correct card type was selected and that it is a card type we accept (e.g. Mastercard, Visa etc).
- Your payment request may have been declined by your card issuer.
- In certain instances your card issuer may not permit your particular card to be used when you are not physically present. Unfortunately, this card type will not be accepted on ours or any internet site.
- Many card issuers are now adopting Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode internet verification systems. Your card issuer may be one of them.
- You may already be enrolled in the scheme, having previously registered. Please ensure you are entering the correct details when prompted.
- Your card issuer may have stipulated that you enroll in the scheme before you can continue with the booking. In cases like this please follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you are interested in finding out more about the Verified by Visa Mastercard SecureCode schemes please visit the following www.visaeurope.com or www.mastercard.com
If you have checked that you comply with all of the above suggestions and continue to experience difficulties with payments, we suggest contacting your card issuer.Share
Train tickets can be used by anyone even though certain tickets will have the name of the traveller or person who booked the tickets printed on them.
When you are making a booking you can request that the tickets are sent to a different UK address.
If you do purchase tickets for someone else please note that enclosed with the tickets will be the sales receipt. This shows the last four digits of the credit card as well as the purchase price.
For Self Service collection please remember that the credit/debit card used to make booking is required along with the Ticket Collection reference provided when the booking was made.Share
If you are booking tickets from abroad, you can register with us online using your overseas address.
Your tickets will be made ready to collect at your destination station from a Self Service Ticket Machine (two hours after ordering) or you can choose to have your tickets delivered to a UK address.
You will need your Ticket Reference number and the credit card / debit card you used to make your purchase.
Alternatively, you may call our Telephone Sales line on 0345 600 7245 (select option 2) to buy a ticket from overseas / abroad with a credit card or debit card.
Delivery options available are based on how far in advance you book.
Self Service Ticket Machine (free): will be ready for collection two hours after ordering.
Post to an overseas address: tickets ordered at least 14 days in advance will be dispatched the same day.Share
Mastercard SecureCode is an additional security measure introduced by Mastercard in association with some card issuers, which further protects unauthorised use of your card while shopping online.
During shopping with us you may be asked by your bank whether you would like to enrol in Mastercard SecureCode. If you are already enrolled in Mastercard SecureCode you may be asked to enter your verification details.
To find out more about this service please visit www.mastercard.com
Please note that the link above is to an external site. Greater Anglia is not responsible for the content of these sites.Share
The fares displayed on the booking pages are the total cost for all travellers. Hover over the price quoted to see the individual ticket price.Share
With continuous live updates on train times and ticket availability we cannot offer you a quote by email.
Please use the Buy Tickets panel, where you can find up to the minute information covering all aspects of train travel including ticket types, fares and routes.
If you encounter any problems while making the booking please email our Web Support Team