Proposed plans to redevelop Wickford station
The new, longer trains soon arriving on the Southend to Liverpool Street line will require the lengthening of platform 1 at Wickford. Find out more about our new trains.
The work will include partial demolition of the existing station building and relocation of the ticket office.
We will also use this opportunity to improve some of the other station facilities including:
The new station building will include:
• New male and female toilets on platform 1.
• New and improved accessible toilets.
• Modern ticket office with a new bank of ticket machines.
• New upgraded accessible waiting hall, including seating areas and charging points.
• New and improved CIS and CCTV .
• A new retail unit.
It is further proposed to make provision for retail unit at the station (refreshments etc) along with a new gateline.
The works will be split into three phases:
Phase 1 - Installation of a temporary ticket office.
Phase 2 - Full station building demolition and construction of the platform extension.
Phase 3 - Construction of the new station.
We anticipate that this work will begin in the summer and last approximately a year to complete.
More information will be published on this page so please check back.