Annual Gold Card
Get a Season Ticket with benefits.
You are automatically entitled to a Gold Card when you buy an Annual Season Ticket or Annual Travelcard at a station within the Gold Card area and either the departure station, destination station or both are within the Gold Card area.
What benefits will I get?
Your Gold Card acts as a Railcard giving discounts on other rail journeys for yourself and others after 09.30 Monday - Friday and all day at weekends and on Bank Holidays. These include:
- 1/3 off Standard and First Class single and return tickets on participating train company services within the Gold Card area (see below)
- Up to three additional adults aged 16 or over travelling with you each get 1/3 off as well
- Up to four children aged between 5 and 15 pay just 40% of the child fare
- 1/3 off a London Zones 1-6 Off-Peak Day Travelcard
- 1/3 off Oyster Off-Peak Pay as you go single fares and Oyster Off-Peak daily price caps on National Rail, London Underground and Docklands Light Railway services in Greater London (apply at a London Underground station for the Gold Card discount to be applied to your Oyster card). This discount applies to the Gold Card holder only
How much do Gold Card Season Tickets cost?
Your Gold Card will cost the same as a regular Annual Season Ticket.
To find out how much your Gold Card will cost, use our Season Ticket Calculator
Which stations are covered by the Gold Card area?
On Greater Anglia, the entire network, including the Stansted Express, is in the Gold Card area - with the exception of stations on the Ely to Peterborough line (Manea, March, Whittlesea and Peterborough).
The Gold Card area covers the following lines on other Train Companies:
- Arriva Trains Wales - Birmingham to Shrewsbury
- c2c - all routes
- Chiltern - all routes
- CrossCountry - Stansted Airport to Cambridge and Ely, also Bournemouth, Southampton and Guildford to Reading and Banbury
- East Midlands Trains - London St Pancras to Bedford, also Norwich to Ely
- First Great Western - London Paddington and Reading to Basingstoke, Bedwyn, Oxford, Banbury and Worcester, also the Thames Valley branch lines and Yeovil Pen Mill to Weymouth
- Gatwick Express - London Victoria to Gatwick Airport (and to Brighton in the evening peak)
- Great Northern/Thameslink - all routes except Huntingdon to Peterborough
- Heathrow Express and Heathrow Connect from London Paddington to Heathrow
- London Midland - London Euston to Birmingham, Stafford and Shrewsbury, and the branches to St Albans and Bedford
- London Overground - all routes
- Southeastern - all routes including High Speed 'Javelin' services
- Southern - all routes
- South West Trains - all routes including to and from the Isle of Wight
Please note that Gold Card discounted tickets are not valid on Virgin Trains West Coast or East Coast services, or on any other Train Company or route not listed above.
You may, however, not be eligible...
Regrettably, some of our Annual Season Tickets are not eligible to be issued as Annual Gold Cards or Gold Travelcards. These include:
- Child rate tickets
- Tickets issued to holders of Transport for London '16-18' and '18 + Student' Oyster Photocards
- Privilege Season Tickets