Choosing your Season Ticket
If you make the same journey regularly, a Greater Anglia Season Ticket could save you a fortune.
Even if you already have a Season Ticket, getting one that lasts longer could save you much more.
There are a number of options available to you, all dependent on your individual requirements.
Season Ticket types
Annual Season Ticket
An Annual Season Ticket gives you 52 weeks' travel for the price of 40 between two named stations. Annual Travelcards are also available which allow travel on the London Underground, Docklands Light Railway, London Buses and National Rail services within the zones that you select.
Key benefits include:
- If your season ticket is valid wholly within the London & South-East area (or in certain circumstances on tickets that extend beyond the boundary), your ticket will be issued as an Annual Gold Card. This entitles you to a 34% discount on leisure tickets (after 10:00 on weekdays and any time at weekends) across the London & South-East area for you and up to three other adults plus up to four children at a flat fare. In the area served by Greater Anglia, the London & South-East area covers all stations south of Manningtree and Cambridge inclusive, plus the lines to Harwich and King's Lynn.
- You will also receive details on a variety of offers and discounts for your family and friends to enjoy.
- A saving of 23% compared to buying weekly Season Tickets for the same period.
Monthly Season Ticket
Priced at less than four Seven Day Season Tickets, a Monthly Season is valid for a full calendar month from the date of commencement. Travelcard Season Tickets are also available that provide unlimited travel on London Underground, Docklands Light Railway, London Buses and National Rail services within the zones for which they are issued.
Key benefits include:
- Money and time saved on purchasing weekly train tickets.
- Free travel between your designated stations at the weekend - you can even jump off at any station on your chosen route.
- You can also buy a Season Ticket for any period between one month and ten months 12 days - just ask at your nearest ticket office. For periods longer than this, an Annual Season Ticket is cheaper and will be issued instead.
Seven Day Season Ticket
These normally cost less than five Standard Day Returns and are valid for the seven days between the stations shown on the ticket. They are valid for any period of seven days - you don't have to start your ticket on a Monday.
Smart Card Season Ticket
If you travel from a station on the Cambridge or Southend line to London Liverpool Street you can now get your Season Ticket on a Smart Card. Using a Smart Card for your Season Ticket is much quicker. If you travel through a station with automatic ticket barriers, you’ll no longer need to feed your ticket through the gate - simply touch your Smart Card on the reader.
Smart Cards are plastic and are much tougher than paper tickets. This means they’re more durable so you’re less likely to need a replacement.
Anglia Plus Season Ticket
For many journeys within Norfolk, Suffolk and parts of Cambridgeshire, Season Tickets are issued as "Anglia Plus" tickets. Rather than being valid between two named stations, these give unlimited travel within any one, two or three zones: Norfolk, Suffolk and Cambridgeshire.
The Norfolk zone covers the area bounded by the coast, Thetford, Diss and Lowestoft. The Suffolk zone covers the area bounded by Somerleyton (via Lowestoft), Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket and Ipswich. The Cambridge zone covers the area bounded by Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Ely and Thetford.
A ticket valid in both Norfolk and Suffolk is valid between Stowmarket and Diss.
Anglia Plus Season Tickets are only available for fixed periods of one week, one month and one year. The start date can be any day, however.
Anglia Plus tickets are also available as a One-Day Ranger and as a 3-Days-in-7 Rover.
In addition Anglia Plus Season Tickets are also available on the following local bus services dependent on the zones in which they are valid:
- Between Norwich station and anywhere within Norwich bus zones 1-4 by any direct First Eastern Counties bus from the Norwich station area.
- Between Ipswich or Derby Road stations and Ipswich Town Centre on any direct services by First Eastern Counties or Ipswich Buses, or by Ipswich Buses to Ipswich Hospital (Heath Road) or Ransomes Industrial Estate.
- Between Great Yarmouth station and the town centre or beach on any direct service operated by Anglian Coaches.
Anglia Plus season tickets are not available to buy online. Weekly tickets can be purchased from the conductor aboard any of our rural services in the Anglia Plus area. Weekly, monthly and annual tickets can be purchased from any staffed booking office.