This sale has now ended.
Our amazing Hare Fares sale is back
Call your mates and start planning. Our exclusive sale on Day Return train tickets is back!
Return fares start from £10, and kids can travel from £2 each!
Offer ends 17th October.
How to buy
Don’t forget, there’s no limit on the number of Hare Fares you can buy. And there's special £5 'short hop' Hare Fares for some of our regional journeys too.
Return Fares from £10. Two kids per adult = £2 each!
Book as far as 3rd December. Sale ends 17th October.
Flexible. Catch most off-peak trains with the same ticket
Booking directly = no booking fees
Hare Fares are available for all Greater Anglia journeys except those wholly within the Oyster PAYG area, and Stansted Express services between London, Stratford, Tottenham Hale and Stansted Airport. The offer also excludes Travelcard tickets.
Hare Fares are like off-peak day return tickets so they're really flexible. You can take any train on the day of your booking if it's a Saturday or Sunday, and most trains, Monday to Friday.
Due to overcrowding, Hare Fares are not allowed on our 08:03 Norwich to London service and the 19:02 London to Norwich service on weekdays. This applies if you start/end your journey between Norwich and Ipswich, including branch line connections, for travel to/from Stratford and London Liverpool Street.
You can buy these exclusive offers easily on our website and app. If you're unable to purchase online, you can call us on 0345 600 7245 option 2 to buy over the phone.
Sorry, no. Hare fares apply to Standard only.
- Tickets are valid on Greater Anglia services only
Hare Fares can be purchased between Monday 25th September and Tuesday 17th October 2023 inclusive.
Travel dates Monday 25th September to Sunday 3 December 2023 inclusive.
- Travel is available all week including on strike days and engineering works. Please check your journey on our website before your travel.
- Available on digital e-tickets booked online via GA website and app. You can also purchase over the phone by calling 0345 600 7245 (option 2) if you need this option.
An adult ticket must be purchased when buying a Hare Fare. Kids under 15 years old travelling without an adult will need to buy a normal child ticket
Kids for £2 is valid with up to 2 Accompanied kids aged 5-15 years old. Children under 5 years old travel free on Greater Anglia services
- There is no limit to the number of tickets available.
- Not valid with GroupSave and Railcards
- Applies to Standard tickets only. First Class tickets are not valid with this offer.
- Not valid on journeys wholly within the Oyster card area (London to Shenfield and Hertford East), and between London, Stratford, Tottenham Hale and Stansted Airport on Stansted Express services.
- Offer excludes Travelcard tickets
- Normal refunds apply
- Hare fares will not be allowed on our 08:03 Norwich to London service and the 19:00 London to Norwich service on weekdays. This applies if you start/end your journey between Norwich and Ipswich, including branch line connections, for travel to/from Stratford and London Liverpool Street.
- Off-peak restrictions apply on weekdays, but not on weekends or bank holidays.
- Earliest arrival in London 10:00.
- Earliest departure from London 09:30.
- London restrictions also apply at Stratford and Tottenham Hale.
- Earliest departure for a non-London journey 08:45.
- Evening peak restrictions apply from London to Ipswich and beyond between 16:31 and 18:34, but not during the school summer holidays which start on 24th July.
- Break of journeys not permitted. For example, if you have a Norwich to London ticket, you won't be allowed to stop at Colchester for a couple of hours and then get back on and continue into London.